Monday, October 20, 2008

Presenting

Not that I have free time with school and everything. But it looks like Linda and I are presenting at the 21st Annual At-Risk Youth National Forum in South Carolina in Febuary. Linda is the 9th grade graduation coach at the high school. She and I have worked together to put an after school program in place that works on students organizational skills, test taking skills, and homework assistance/missing work.
The program has been in effect for four weeks and approx. 6 students who were slated to go to academic intercession no longer have to go since they are passing their classes. It is very successful and growing in popularity with the students. I call it the get the monkey off your back program/web site.
http://www.wcpsteacher.org/education/components/whatsnew/default.php?sectiondetailid=34568&&PHPSESSID=3d783e1506cd0f215a04312a484a8188

Here is the issue. I have to present in front of a very large audience......I am used to students and faculty at my school, but an audience of peers from across the country..... Can we say Oh my...... Maybe I will be ill and not go.

No comments: